BREAKING NEWS: Andrew Cuomo is charged with forcibly touching aide who claimed he groped her breast – two months after he was pushed out of office by Letitia James (who is now campaigning for his job)
- A criminal summons was filed for Cuomo in Albany City Court on Thursday
- It was mistakenly filed early, before the victim – Brittany Commisso – gave her permission or agreement, and was leaked to local reporters
- The charge is a Class A Misdemeanor – forcible touching
- It relates to him allegedly groping Commisso’s breast in the Governor’s Mansion
- Cuomo has always denied the allegation and says he was set up by Letitia James
- James is now running to become the next Governor of New York
Ousted New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has been charged with forcible touching, two months after being pushed out of office by New York AG Attorney General Letitia James, the woman now campaigning for his job.
The charges were filed on Thursday in Albany City Court, before sheriffs had received the permission of the victim – Brittany Commisso – to do so.
The first hint of them came from an Albany reporter for New York Focus who cited unnamed sources in the court, saying charges had been filed.
The Times Union – another local Albany paper – then reported that the charges had been filed too early, that it was a mistake by someone in the court system.
Neither the sheriff’s office or the city courts clerks will comment on the charges, but a court spokesman confirmed that a statement was coming imminently.
‘A Misdemeanor Complaint against former Governor Andrew Cuomo has been filed in Albany City Court. As this is a sex crime, a redacted complaint will be available shortly,’ Lucian Chalfen, a spokesman for New York State courts, told The Washington Post.
Brittany Commisso spoke out for the first time in a pre-taped interview that was previewed on Sunday and aired in part on Monday morning