At Least 18 Migrants Die in Effort to Enter Spanish Enclave in Africa


Moroccan officials said on Saturday that 18 migrants had died and scores more had been injured after what the authorities described as a stampede during an attempted mass crossing into the Spanish enclave of Melilla, in North Africa. But human rights organizations accused the security forces of using indiscriminate force at the crossing, and have called for an investigation into the deaths.

A spokesman for the Spanish government’s office in Melilla said that about 2,000 migrants approached…



Read the Full Article Here nytimes

Share:

Written by Bourbiza Mohamed

A technology enthusiast and a passionate writer in the field of information technology, cyber security, and blockchain

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit lead tributes to two killed in Oslo terror attack

Thunberg ditches foul language in speech to Glastonbury warning of a ‘total natural catastrophe’